One Year Ago...

One year ago yesterday we boarded an airplane.

We boarded an airplane and our lives changed.

We flew to Ukraine and met two children who were always destined to be ours.

A boy and a girl.  A son and a daughter.

To celebrate, I made borscht last night, with potato & cheese dumplings, and crusty bread. My little Ukrainians were in heaven.  Christopher ate until his tummy hurt.  Lena said it was her favorite supper ever.  While I was making dinner, Lena was my shadow.  She wanted to know everything I was doing, and when she saw the dumplings she literally jumped up and down in the kitchen.  I saw a glimpse of the little hyperactive wildcat she was in those first days we'd visit her at the orphanage.  She jumped up and down and said, "Oh I remember we ate dose in da groupa!!  Dey are my favorite!!  Oh, day are so yummy; I can't wait to eat dem!"

I decided to post a few pictures from our trip to Ukraine last year, and in the next few days, I'll give an up date on each of the kids.

The Day we got the kids' referrals and permission to go to their region and meet them

Minutes after meeting them for the first time

A few Days later... "papa" was a jungle gym

Doing crafts

With our fierce & amazing facilitator - she's gold!

She's a Lefty!

She doesn't realize she's going home soon!

"Gotcha Day"- finally! My friend Andrea was on the 2nd trip with me to bring the kids  home.

We are seconds away from literally running out the door to race to the train station

Comments

Annette said…
One year ago most of the golden triangle was stalking your blog anxiously awaiting every post and tidbit of news. Thank you for listening to the still small voice and having the faith to obey! Your family made a differnece to two treasures.

Popular Posts